Immigrants and Refugees
Are you a domestic violence survivor?
Does your partner or family member:
- Hit, push, kick, yell, and/or use objects to intimidate you;
- Tell you that you are nothing without him or her;
- Call you names, put you down, and/or make you feel worthless;
- Threaten to have you deported;
- Interfere with your work;
- Threaten to take your children away from you; and/or
- Isolate you from family and friends?
If you answered YES to one or more of these questions, you might be a survivor of domestic violence. For more information, please call Tapestri at 404-299-2185.
Are you a human trafficking survivor?
- Brought you to the U.S. with false promises of a job or marriage;
- Physically, sexually, emotionally, or verbally abused you;
- Threatened to abuse or deport you;
- Taken away your freedom of leaving or quitting your job;
- Made you feel unsafe at work;
- Punished you for complaining about your living or working conditions;
- Charged others for your services and then kept the money;
- Limited your contact with friends or family in the U.S. or your home country;
- Failed to pay you as promised or not paid you for your services; and/or
- Taken away your documents?
If you answered YES to one or more of these questions, you might be a survivor of human trafficking. Help is available for you. Please call 1-866-317-3733 or 404-299-0895.