As a nonprofit, volunteers are critical to Tapestri's mission of serving immigrant and refugee survivors of human trafficking and domestic violence. We offer a wide variety of internship and volunteer opportunities. We consider the interests and skills of each candidate and match their interests with agency needs. We also offer flexibility by allowing volunteers/interns to complete their tasks from Tapestri’s office or at home.
Due to the sensitive nature of Tapestri's work, we take steps to protect our clients' and staff safety. These steps include asking all prospective volunteers to pass a criminal background check and to meet with our volunteer coordinator in person before being confirmed as a volunteer. Thank you for understanding the steps we take to maintain client and staff safety and confidentiality.
What You Can Help With
Tapestri is looking for volunteers to help with:
- Research & develop resources for survivors' of domestic violence and human trafficking health, legal and language needs;
- Assist with community outreach presentations within immigrant & refugee communities;
- Conduct client surveys;
- Data entry;
- Assist with client direct services (after a minimum number of volunteer hours performed);
- Research updated information on domestic violence and human trafficking for training materials; and
- Assist our Development department with communications and fundraising opportunities.
Specific roles currently available are listed here.
If you have an interest in helping Tapestri, please submit the volunteer application below. Once your application has been reviewed, Tapestri will contact you. Thank you for your interest!